Nous parlons aussi français...
Cellule Océano-Météo pour l'Ingénierie (COM)
The missions of this Metocean team are:
- to provide engineers with methods for obtaining and using those metocean
parameters whose knowledge is necessary, under dedicated forms, to works
related with exploration and exploitation of the seas.
- to perform research for developing, validating, and assessing these
- analyse needs and potentialities connected with new data sources.
- set up and coordinate research actions with educational laboratories
working in this field.
- to carry out pilot studies and projects, and to transfer to private
industry (contractors, end-users) the corresponding know-how as soon as it
can be valorized.
- to monitor the modelization activity of ``Operational Oceanology'' in
order to promote and advise the instrument part of these programs.
It was decided that the main direction of work, to perform these missions, would
be to develop and use generic techniques (models and statistical tools) to
extract from actual metocean measurements the parameters relevant to end-users'
RECENT FIELDS OF INTEREST
- utilization of satellite data. We have been building an atlas of wind and
sea-states statistics from satellite data, which means work on SAR
inversion as well as on stationary durations for sea-states.
- offshore to nearshore transfer of sea-states properties, including
parametrization of non-linearities.
- wave asymetry, crest heights, non linearities, still water level in
connection with the air-gap design problem for platforms.