Born: October 7th, 1952 in Cherbourg (France).
Home: Brest, 3 rue François Arzel.
Graduated from Ecole polytechnique (Paris).
Graduated from Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (ENSTA), Ocean Engineering option.
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- ISOPE (International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers) - Member of the board - Chair of the Offshore Technology committee - co-chairman of ISOPE 99.
- ISSC 2000 (I.1 Metocean)
- NAG (Numerical Algorithms Group)
- Metocean conditions for engineering.
- Utilization of satellite data for metocean conditions studies: CLIOSat (CLImatologies Océaniques Satellitaires), SUCCESS (Satellite Uses: a Common Course for Engineering ans Sea-conditions Studies), SCHOS (Surcotes et Caractéristiques de Houle par Observation Satellitaire).
- Standardization of offshore practices (representing France in panel 1 (Metocean) of ISO TC67/SC7/WG3,4,5)
- Prospective within Committee I.1, Metocean, of International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress 2000, French Clarom, and Technical Program Committee of Isope conferences.
- Studies of fatigue loading of materials
- Animation of international workgroup 7 ``Statistical Analysis'' of Fatigue Commission of SFMM.
- Work with Lund University (Sweden) on ``rainflow'' counts.
Less serious activities:
- Jogging, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays along the coastal footpath as long as the rain is not too heavy.
- Ski, sailing, farniente.