Born: October 7th, 1952 in Cherbourg (France).
Home: Brest, 3 rue François Arzel.
Graduated from Ecole polytechnique (Paris).
Graduated from Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (ENSTA), Ocean Engineering option.
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- ISOPE (International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers) - also former Member of the board of directors and co-chairman of ISOPE 99, 2000 and 2001 conferences.
- ISSC 2003 (Chairman of Committee I.1 Environment)
- NAG (Numerical Algorithms Group)
- Metocean conditions for engineering.
- Metocean climate studies, with special emphasis on utilization of satellite data: SUCCESS (Satellite Uses: a Common Course for Engineering ans Sea-conditions Studies), COMKISS, (COnveying Metocean Knowledge Improvements onto Shipping Safety), SCHOS (Surcotes et Caractéristiques de Houle par Observation Satellitaire).
- Standardization of offshore practices (representing France to panel 1 (Metocean) of ISO TC67/SC7/WG3,4,5, and to SC7)
- Prospective within Committee I.1, Environment, of International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress 2000, of the Metocean Committee of the OGP, and of Technical Program Committee of Isope conferences.
- Studies of fatigue loading of materials
- Animation of international workgroup 7 ``Statistical Analysis'' of Fatigue Commission of SFMM.
- Work with Lund University (Sweden) on ``rainflow'' counts.
Less serious activities:
- Jogging, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays along the coastal footpath as long as the rain is not too heavy.
- Ski, sailing.